Saturday, May 13, 2006

The End of One Journey.....

I have known for some time that this day was fast approaching. But it didn't really hit me till this weekend. My son is graduating from high school and making plans to step out into college life and the path that it will start him on.
To be honest, I am excited for him! College was something I was unable to do after high school, so I am thrilled that he is going. He wants to be in journalism and sports medicine and teaching.....there are so many opportunities ahead for him. And I know, whatever he choses to do, he will be amazing.


Last night, I attended the school's senior night...it is a talent night for the seniors to show their stuff. I am awed at the talent that I saw there...and even as I write this, I am listening to a CD that one of his friends made. These are the kids that have come and gone through our front door for several years....I have awoke to find them sleeping on the couch, the floor, wherever they could find space...and a snore free zone...LOL. I have woke in the middle of the night to their laughter....been blessed to hear them call me mom and be quick to share hugs...and even pretend to listen when they had done something that I KNEW they knew better than to do. I think the realization just hit too that many of them will be gone too.

By Fall, there will be a void in my home. There are so many things that I will miss about my son's school years and growing up years. There are things I would have done differently, and there are things that I would do again in a heart beat....regardless of how anyone else felt.

As I passed through the house this week..I have caught glimpses of that little red headed boy who stole my heart from the moment he was born...whose laughter filled the house and whose hurts broke my heart. The verse, "life is but a vapor and then it is gone" has resounded.....to quickly the hands of the clock fly by....it reminds us to make each of them count.....to not take those special moments for granted.

As I see my son stepping forward to get his diploma next weekend.....I know that wonderful little boy is still in there, even as the Man of such promise steps forward....

Now pass the kleenex.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your input, comments, ideas and encouragment.....thank you!!!