This is my day to catch up! There have been so many things going on or fun things I have found and want to share with you....so let's get started!
I was checking out The Nester's blog -- now to be honest I really don't need any new distractions but I so loved playing with this. It is Polyvore ... now I haven't played with it enough to give you all the fun ins and outs...but below you will see my first try at it. It reminds me of some of the dream pages I did in one of my journals while doing Simple Abundance. Try it, think you will be addicted too!!!
Debbie's Dream Board by creativegrace
And then, someone had the nerve to mention "Scrapblog"..which started me into more playing around...I mean creative work.
Then...the wonderful Gina of Cat Nap Primitives was kind enough to give me an award.
'This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propogated. Please give more attention to these writers!'
I loved this...because that is what I have found with these blogs...some new friends, great ideas, creative inspiration and much more!!! Thank you Gina!!!!
With this award, I am to pass it on to 8 people that I think should have it too.....
2. Tiffany of Making Room for Serendipity....I have known her for awhile and I so appreciate her heart and what she shares.... I can't wait to see all the new opportunities that open for her in the coming year.
3. Ky of Ponderings Over the Clothesline of Insanity...another gal I have known from the net for some time. So glad we have reconnected and I am hoping a group of us wll be getting together soon.
4. Jaci of Ravings Of A Mad Housewife....she just makes me laugh!! I am just still mad I didn't win her Fiesta ware giveaway..LOL
5. Vee of A Haven for Vee....always something kind and comforting on her blog....so perfect for when you just need a moment with a sweet friend.
6. Pam of Prims by Pam....love her prims and love the inspiration...
7. Tonya of Back Porch Pickins....I just love her primitive patterns and designs. I always look forward to what new items she is doing and reading about her family.
8. You....there are several others I would like to add....many that have commented on my items for sale, or about a post. I have been so encouraged by so many of you and appreciate all you have said. THANK YOU!!
Now, a word about books. I originally thought I would do a small book club here, but I have changed my mind. At the time, I didn't realize just how many there are out there....and I don't want to compete with anyone else on this, I just wanted the encouragement of a group to get in some more reading that I want to do. So find a great group and join in....myself, I plan on doing the group at http://www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com/ I really like their lineup of books for this year and I want to get started. If you want to know about more groups, my friend Jen has several on her blog that she is doing and I know she can direct you to a great one, Rundpinne.
Below are just a few of the books that I picked up this weekend at my favorite book reseller, McKays. My gosh, that place is always hopping with people....it amazes me!!!
Just know that I am not totally ignoring book discussions here. There are several on my reading list that I want to talk about here at some point and will want to know what you think!!!
There are other things I wanted to share...but I guess they will wait till tomorrow...I had wanted this to be a Sunday post, but I can see we have already crept into Monday...but let me leave you with a couple of questions....
1. If you are already in a book group, share with me in the comments which one....
2. What 5 books are on your nightstand to read.... leave that in the comments too.
Sweet dreams all....