First, it doesn't matter what size book you choose to use. You can use what I did--an artists sketch pad (and those come in several sizes)...a regular scrapbook....just whatever feels like fun to you.
What do you need...really it depends on what you would like to work with...some ideas:
- Scrapbook papers and cardstock (these can be used for your backgrounds, to frame pictures with, for writing blocks....or just to decorated the page a bit)
- Colored pencils....great for doing little illustrations...and you don't have to be a great artist to do this. Sometimes fun squiggles and stick people are a fun way to illustrate an idea.
- Adhesive...I love the scotchtape brand scrapbook tape..that has been working really well for me. But there are alot out there..glue sticks are good too!
- Pictures.....photos, magazine pictures, etc....just begin keeping an eye open for unique picturesof things you "love"
- Memory Items...that menu from a favorite recipe...a paint chip from your favorite room...wrapper from your favorite candy bar. This is just something that might work for something on your list. You probably don't want to do this for every item (then again, it is YOUR book, use this item as much as you like, as little as you like, or not at all).
Remember, this is different than a regular scrapbook. I have scrappin friends that are militant about having whatever they put in their books not damaging the books so that they will be pristine in 100 years. Frankly if it comes to chosing between being "pristine" and sharing a memory...memory wins every time And think about it, there are things that we know damage books....but with the way things change (going digital and such)...they will be able to view the books (if our intention is to share these) over the years.
I think it would be great if we all shared a list of 5 things we love each Monday...things that we are going to concentrate on in our books first. Doesn't mean you have to stick to those if something new comes to mind...but it is a great way to at least start thinking about it and planning what you would want on those pages.
- I would love for you to leave a comment about what you have found to work with for your book.
- A list of 5 thing you love...
- Do something fun for the cover of your book (you can do it now...or if you want to see how your book goes for a different idea for how you want your cover)
- PLEASE do or at least work on your first page, which should be your introduction....possibly a picture of yourself, why you wanted to do this, maybe something you hope to share with this book.
So glad you are working with me on this and I can't wait to see what you share next week!!!
***Don't forget to enter the drawing!!! Just a few days left!!!
Have a great Monday!!!
**My things I love list for this week:
favorite quilt shop
favorite room in the house
(Looking forward to seeing your list...I already have pages completed in my book..and you will see how you can continue to grow your book as you find new places, new things, new people and new experiences in your life!!)