Monday, July 11, 2011

Two New Favorites......

Hello All and Happy Monday....
I love new beginnings and starting a new week is a chance to get a fresh start.  And I am working on getting back in the posting groove.

Today's Post is just a couple of my new favorite things and a recipe I tried yesterday and it is a KEEPER!!
Ok, for the favorite things:
Have you discovered www.Pinterest.com ????  This is quickly becoming my new addiction.  There is just so much wonderful stuff on that site and it changes hourly!!!  Now I am going to give a disclaimer.  This is a broad community and is like being in the middle of the mall.....sometimes there is just stuff you don't like, approve of, or want to see....just so you know.  But I have found wonderful quotes, great calligraphy with scripture that I want to use in projects, craft ideas, wonderful-wonderful-wonderful recipes, decorating ideas, clothing to drool over and so much more.  It is just a collection of what people love in all forms... and as I said, there are things that I see and think "what in the world were they thinking"...but being an adult I can move pass that.  So if you are so inclined, check it out!  You can follow me if you like...and that is a good way to go, find people you already know on there and follow them.....then you can just read through the people that you follow.  There is also a tab for "everything"....which is just as it says , you see everything that is posted.  So check it out and let me know what you think.  I will be the one setting up the 12-step program for Pinterest addiction...LOL

My next new favorite actually came from a post on Pinterest....www.thinkgarnish.com

I don't know about you...but I have seen Martha Stewart, Ina Gartner and others package their food items and other things in these wonderful packaging things that I didn't know where to get.  Well head over to garnish...not only do they sell some of the packaging, they have awesome ideas.

And since I am on a "Pinterest" ramble...I want to share a recipe I picked up there yesterday to try and it is a keeper:
 I am not a big biscuit maker.  I can remember my grandmother making them every morning and they were wonderful.  So I sort of put them in the "to hard to make them right" category.  But these changed my mind!

7-Up Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter

Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-up.  Makes a very soft dough.
Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out.  Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan.  Place cut biscuits in pan and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown.
(From...  www.plainchicken.blogspot.com)

Hope you all have a great day!!!!
Hugs to you all.....

   Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your input, comments, ideas and encouragment.....thank you!!!