Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday Thoughts.......



Good Evening All!!
You know, some times God just sneaks up on you.  It is interesting to get that tap on the shoulder that let's you know that something is brewing....then sit back and watch what developes.
In the last few months, I have had the door open to work with developing a woman's ministry for a new church plant.  As that door opened, and I stepped through.....I am amazed at what He has brought my way.
Friends that I had not been in contact with for some time...that had something to share in what I was doing began to contact me...out of the blue.  He just amazes me with the grace He bestows.....the fact that He is in the smallest detail....just that little extra thing that lets you know...yep, it's God.

What is this ministry about?  I was lead to this scripture when I was working on the mission statement.

So accept each other just as Christ has accepted you; then God will be glorified.
Romans 15:7 (NLT)

Accept each other?  Kinda tough when we are busy setting standards that we can't even reach.  I am amazed at the "Perfect Christian Woman" yardstick that I have seen pulled out at times to measure whether we are worthy   But I truly believe each woman desires that acceptance.....that someone believes in her....expects the best.....and wants to cheer her on.

Mission Statement:
To offer a haven of acceptance to women.  To continually work to place their hands in God's and provide the tools for the journey ahead of them...through bible study, fellowship, and shared experiences (small groups, outreaches, gatherings and one-on-one).

My heart is to make this a woman's ministry that speaks to a woman's heart in very real, relevant ways.

So "stay tuned" as this journey begins...and please keep me and the other members of this church plant in your prayers!

Every experience God gives us,
every person He puts in our lives
is the perfect preparation for a future
only He can see.----Corrie Ten Boom

Hugs to you all!!!!!
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your input, comments, ideas and encouragment.....thank you!!!