Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's a God Thing........

It's been busy....no, I mean really, seriously busy.  I can give you lists of all the stuff I have to do, need to do, haven't done yet, need to have done today, or Monday or Tuesday......you get what I mean.  It is the end of the quarter with so much to do.....and sadly the household and laundry fairies haven't shown up for duty in some time.  As you can see....I have a legitimate list of excuses for the "busyness" in my life.

Yesterday some things happened that frankly made me mad.  Mean people can wreck your day, can't they?  The more I thought about it, the more it made me mad.  But you know, having someone do something inconsiderate and harsh....doesn't give us a pass to act the same way in return.  The worst part is if we allow this kind of thing to change who we are......that is on us, not them.

As I thought on this today, I opened my computer to check on my email.  It opened to the internet....and to a page on Lifeway.  Please understand, I don't know when the last time was that I had been on this site, it has been some time ago.  But recently I had decided to do a study online of Beth Moore's Fruit of the Spirit.  I have the book....and apparently (I had forgotten about it)..I had purchased the study to view online on Lifeway.  Remember how BUSY I have been....well, I haven't taken the time to just "be still".  When I thought about it, I realized for the last couple of weeks, one of the big things that had gone by the wayside with everything that has been going on is my quiet time.  Just that time to get away and spend some time in prayer, reading, journaling...and just being with One that guides and leads.  Now, if you aren't spending time with the "Navigator" it is so easy to get off course...and stay there till you get back to the One that knows the way.  Opening my computer and having it be at the Bible Study, ready to view the lesson for that day let me know that God was reminding me of my missed appointments with Him.  Knowing that put the last day into a different perspective.

Some times we will have seasons of busyness....dry spells.....just things off kilter.  Use them as a reminder to get back to the basics.....simply drop all the excuses and make the time to spend with God.  For when it becomes a "chore" or just something else on our to do lists, let's face it--there are deeper things at work. 

Expect hope to be rekindled.
Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways.
The dry seasons in life do not last.
-Sarah Ban Breathnach

Hugs to you all.....
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your input, comments, ideas and encouragment.....thank you!!!