Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Final Election Thoughts.....

Here's the deal....this election has me torn. On one hand, with this election we gave hope, validation and joy to a whole segment of our population...some of them thought they would never live to see this day. That I can appreciate and be proud that our country has come to a place where Mr. Obama would be elected.

On the other hand, I feel he is a "rock star" looking for an audience of adoring fans......he set up the big "show" in Europe, at the convention and in Chicago. He is charming, charismatic, and slick..... One newsman talked about him last night and shared that the reason he had such positives in the media, is that when he was with you....he became who you needed him to be. Frankly, that scares me more than a bit.

BUT, with all that said.....he is our president. And I as a christian am called to pray for him and want the best for him and for our country. I DON'T want to see him fail......as there is no satisfaction in saying "I told you so" when it comes at the cost of our military lives, families losing home, etc.

One of the reasons that I haven't listened to anything from the Dixie Chicks in years, is the fact that they had the right to be angry and voice their opinion about our president.....but they took it out of the family when they went to Europe to do it. I frankly know that we all will disagree with things.....but our country is in a crisis......and our job is to work for better days ahead....regardless of what party is in power....it is by and for the people......

God Bless America.....and God Bless our new president.....grant him wisdom and grace in the days ahead.

Nuff said, let's move forward....
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. He certainly has a huge weight on his shoulders doesn't he? I read something on a blog somewhere today, wish I could find it now, it went something like there being no leader put in position where God is not in complete control. Please don't quote be because that's just a very simple re-word on my part. If I find it again I'll send it, but it's something to keep in mind...
    Love Tiff

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your input, comments, ideas and encouragment.....thank you!!!