Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Land of Wii

Who knew??? We were given a Wii for free....don't even ask, my hubby is the king of wheeling and dealing...LOL

And I know it is a game, but this is one of the best things we have done as a family.....with John's health, there are not a lot of things he can't do anymore...and he loved being active before this. We got the game and because of the way it is set up, John can play along with the family...we have had so much fun with it this weekend. Even my son's college friends have been dropping in to play.....as one left he remarked, "I need to go find my dignity..." LOL Apparently they were having a problem with Zach's mom beating them.....who knew????? SMILE

Here are a couple of pix of my hubby and my mom....we were shocked that my mom even wanted to play...and heck, she is really good at it!!!


This weekend we trekked to Knoxville for great craft shopping.....the weather was beautiful and so was the scenery on the drive up there.

We also had to move the antique mall booth around a bit to get ready to bring in more Christmas items after next weekends show.

And last...I just finished a new stitchery.....love the designs at Chestnut Junction..she is great!!! I think this will go well at the show.


A busy, fun and productive weekend!!! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend too!!!
Hugs,
Debbie
PS...Take a look at the "Giving Thanks" challenge button on the top right hand side!! This is such a great idea....it is easy not to see the good stuff going on in our lives when things and people disappoint us. So taking 30 days this month to focus on all that is good just reminds us that God is good, He is in charge...... So check out the site....and focus on your grats for this month!!! I am planning to list mine under the button, as a reminder of all the good stuff I have in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, this post almost made me tear up for a second, thinking about how John can finally have fun with his family again! And how cool that your Mom was playing!
    I'm going to join in the Giving Thanks Challenge too, thanks for telling us about it, guess it won't matter that it's not a full 30 days now.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post.

    The Wii is my favorite too.

    Thank you for sharing your blog with the Giving Thanks Challenge. It is great to go visit the different people and hear about blessing and gratitude. Your's was special.

    A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "For days when my hubby feels good" made me smile. Either he's been sick and is on the road to recovery, or you enjoy big hugs from him now and then. =)

    So glad you joined in this month!!

    ~ Leah

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your input, comments, ideas and encouragment.....thank you!!!